Monday, June 25, 2012

San Juan trip part 4

Then we took a ferry to Sidney, BC Canada. We spent a couple of days in Victoria. Here is a picture of a petanque field- aka bocce ball- aka outdoor bowling. It was pretty fun for me to see. 
It was definitely Canada. Everything was written in english and french. They even had a french radio station that we listened to for quite a while even if I didn't follow everything that was said... I am going to blame it on the Canada dialect and the topical vocabulary that I didn't know... and not on the fact that I have lost my fluency.


There were lots of native Canadian Americans living there. They had many totem poles around the city. 
... some important building... Buzz showing off his Asian heritage...
There was this super cute band playing along the port.
Super cute little boat taxi...
All along the water there were little vendors selling different hand crafted items. I always love browsing.
We stayed in a town called Brentwood. I would highly suggest staying there. It was so beautiful and quaint. We rented a house that was a block away from this...
There were all these boats and lots of them were people's dwellings... They live there. Crazy.
Notice the native art fish sign. I just love it. I wish I had picked something like that up.
Then we went to Butchart Gardens. To help you remember how to spell it, you can say butt chart. That is how I will always think of it now. Luckily, we didn't have any rain the entire trip! Even though it was forcast to rain on this day. They had these cute umbrellas all over the park for their guests to use. Maybe we don't know just how lucky we really were.
Here we are at but chart gardens.
We took lots of pictures...
It was quite impressive.

... a series of funny photos.



Zola soaked the carrier she was in.
Beautiful Nonnie.
Here is the acclaimed tallest totem pole ever! ... or so we think.
And right there at the Brentwood bay we saw so many starfish. They were everywhere.


Kristen found this huge crab that pinched her and made her bleed!
The star fish look so fat and squishy but they are really hard as a rock.
Thomas found this oyster... so he brought it home and boiled it and ate it. It wasn't as good as he hoped. .. and I don't think he had very high expectations.
Kristen has awesome pants.
Here is my family. I love them so much.
This was the room we stayed in. That bed was so comfortable.
Here is the house.
Zola was eating Kristen's hair. 

We love Kristen!
so so fun... One more post to come.

No comments: