Thursday, September 3, 2009

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY

Remember this? I sure do... and looking at pictures brings me right back to the NICU. I can smell the smell and hear the noises and feel the feelings. That was an incredible experience to all of a sudden, whole heartedly, love someone unconditionally without choosing to. An experience impossible to understand without experiencing it for yourself... Well, this LOVE has only grown a billion times over again through out the past year. He brings so much JOY to our lives.
It's been a year (exactly 4 minutes ago)- Hard to believe... This is how we celebrated the first birthday- just how it began... the three of us.
Spaghetti was delicious.After Dinner, we opened presents:


Our sweet neighbor always finds the cutest books for Dennis. We might have to supervise with this book if we want it to last longer than a day!




Dennis loved the tape on Grandma & Grandpa's package...


What could be inside?
Check out the video at the end to find out what he found inside! (THANK YOU-- ITS SUPER FUN)

I went shopping to buy Dennis some toys and grabbed 4 things that were in the cart at the checkout and when I heard how much I was going to be spending, I decided to put one back. Toys can be so expensive... Well, Ryan decided to buy a toy also... on a different day, at a different store... and ended up buying that exact toy that I put back!!! I guess it was meant to be. The wooden ball drop thingy.

After presents, we had cake!

Dennis snuck a taste while we were getting the video camera all ready. No hesitation there... "hey Mikey, he likes it!"




The best part about getting dirty, is the bath...

Dennis: "Really? a bath too? Just what I always wanted!"







3 comments:

Katrina said...

So cute! Happy birthday little guy!!

Mindy said...

Such great pictures! He's so cute! He looked like he Loved love loved that chocolate cake!

Unknown said...

How cute is he! So much fun!!!