Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Craft #2

Earlier this year I noticed a quiet book at church that my friend had for her daughters and I fell in love with it. So much that when I decided that I was going to make one for Dennis for Christmas, I also decided that everyone needed one of these. So, guess what?! I made 5 of them. Not really realizing what I was getting into. But they were just so darn cute-
So, I made one for Dennis, one for my brother Reed's kids, one for my brother Randy's baby who is on the way, one for Ryan's brother Taylor's kids, and one for Ryan's sister's future kids. Really. Why? I don't know. Are they even planning on having kids? I have no idea... but hey I was already making 4... why not 5? So, you are getting these in the mail... surprise! I know... way late for Christmas. oh well. As you can see it totally took over our lives for a good month.
I was so proud of my made up pattern for book covers!


Here are the pages:
each page has pieces that go with it but I didn't take pics of those.







This family tree page you will have to finish yourselves. Just add laminated pictures of you, and your parents and your child/ren with velcro like the first page people. It will make more sense when it comes in the mail.


















There are a couple of insert pages coming but I didn't get them done in time. The nice thing about these quiet books are that they are in a 3 ring binder so you can take out and add pages. Brilliant.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Rita,
You are so amazing! I know those things take a lot of time to make. The bee page is so cute. We sure enjoyed your Christmas place mats and table runner again this year. What a woman!

Buzz and Camille said...

Rita! You never cease to amaze me!!! For sure Buzz and I will have kids just because we'll have this wonderful book to keep them entertained with at church! I'm excited to get it! Love you!

Katrina said...

Wow Rita!!! Can I thanks a million times! You are so amazing and thoughtful. We love you!

skinners said...

i love the quiet books! we need a good one. where did you buy the pattern or supplies or did you make it all from scratch? please tell. i will for sure be doing one of these for my girls.