Dennis's hair was becoming a disaster... Ryan had wanted to cut his hair for a long time now, but I loved his little curls in back- they were so adorable. But, I think I pushed the limit of adorable hair too far. The back of his head became so frizzy and damaged that I couldn't get it to curl even with a bath and product--and the sides were getting too long that they just looked straggly. I knew the time had come... and I thought I was prepared...
Saturday, January 2, 2010
First Hair Cut
Talk about getting hit with a ton of bricks. I didn't see that one coming.
Dennis's hair was becoming a disaster... Ryan had wanted to cut his hair for a long time now, but I loved his little curls in back- they were so adorable. But, I think I pushed the limit of adorable hair too far. The back of his head became so frizzy and damaged that I couldn't get it to curl even with a bath and product--and the sides were getting too long that they just looked straggly. I knew the time had come... and I thought I was prepared...
I guess not. I couldn't even look at him because he didn't look like my little baby anymore. All of a sudden he was a boy.
Dennis's hair was becoming a disaster... Ryan had wanted to cut his hair for a long time now, but I loved his little curls in back- they were so adorable. But, I think I pushed the limit of adorable hair too far. The back of his head became so frizzy and damaged that I couldn't get it to curl even with a bath and product--and the sides were getting too long that they just looked straggly. I knew the time had come... and I thought I was prepared...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh Rita - I let Ryan's hair grow for a long time too.It's so hard to let our kids grow up; there are many times you'll want to just freeze the moment. I still look back at those curly-hair pictures of Ryan and sigh. Dennis will get those curls back. I loved all your new post. What a wonderful tradition! You have a great family.
I'm crying. Like...crying...a lot. This same thing is staring me in the face and I am avoiding it completely. This growing up thing is such a drag.
I love you, girl. You're the best mom.
You're a great mom! I know it's going to be SO hard when we have to cut Robert's the first time. Bryce keeps getting mad that I spike it sometimes because he's too little for that!!
I know. I think all moms know. :) When I cut Jory's for the first time, I had to say that I 'cut all his baby off' - because he looked so grown up and even acted more grown up.
Dennis does look beautiful, ahem... handsome. He's a boy now.
Post a Comment